No Injuries in Nursing Home Fire
A fire at Highlands of Mountain View Therapy and Living Center on Sunday resulted in minimal damage and no injuries, according to a report filed by Jeremy Beaudin, assistant fire chief with the Mountain View Fire Department.
The fire was reported at about 9:45 p.m. Along with Mountain View Volunteer Fire Department, personnel from Vital Link Ambulance Service, Stone County Sheriff's Department, Mountain View Police Department and members from 11 rural fire departments responded.
The fire was determined to be electrical, caused by lightning or by rain water entering the exterior electrical panel, the report stated. The only damage was to the exterior wall where the panel was located.
From the Dec. 30, 2015 issue.